Wednesday, January 04, 2006

tunes that soothe the soul

since i do happen to work at a radio station that plays easy listening music,i thought of posting tidbits of some of the most intimate, the most catchy and the most profound lines of the songs i happen to come accross... if you do know the songs, hum along or sing along- no one's stopppin yah.

> So we’re okay, We’re fine, Baby I’m here to stop your crying, Chase all the ghosts from your head, I’m stronger than the monster beneath your bed, Smarter than the tricks played on your heart, We’ll look at them together then we’ll take them apart, Adding up the total of a love that’s true, Multiply life by the power of two.. POWER OF TWO By the Indigo Girls
- maybe its the enticing tune or perhaps its the sincerity in the lines that make this song so moving, i dont know...

> I remember we were driving driving in your car, The speed so fast I felt like I was drunk, City lights lay out before us, And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder, And I had a feeling that I belonged, And I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone... FAST CAR By Tracy Chapman
- what can beat the feeling that no matter what you'd be safe as long as your with that special person? plus the fact that this person makes you fee you can be the best you can be and he'd be there to not only cheer you on but to trudge through the difficulties as well...

>how do you block the sound of a voice youd know anywhere ......Oh, I really should have known by the time you drove me home by the vagueness in your eyes casual good-byes by the chill in your embrace the expression on your face that told me you might have some advice to give on how to be insensitive.......how do you free your soul after youve found a friend how do you teach your heart its a crime to fall in love again.... INSENSITIVE By Jan Arden -i took out some parts of the lines to emphasize the stronger points she had in the song. its quite true mind, how the mere whisper is distinguishable and the lightness of a touch lets you know how the other feels at any given moment.. like all lights are dim in the world but the spotlight rests solely on that one special person when he's near..damn im such a sucker for this song...

>Down an unknown road, To embrace my fate, Though the road may wander, It will lead me to you, And a thousand years, Would be worth the wait, It may take a lifetime, But somehow I'll see it through, And I won't look back, I can go the distance, And I'll stay on track, No I won't accept defeat, It's an uphill slope But I won't lose hope, Till I go the distance, And my journey is complete... GO THE DISTANCE By Michael Bolton
-talk about determination.. that's the most sincere lines i've ever heard that profoundly encapsulates a person's motivation to reach an elusive goal- whatever it may be.

>The way you touch my lips, Right after every kiss, And softly whisper, That I'm your everything, The way you pray Our love wont die, Every night just before you close your eyes. Baby when you sleep, I watched you breathing, Baby when you dream, I dream with you, Cause everywhere you are is where I wanna be, It's true everything you do, Makes me know how much I love you.... EVERYTHING YOU DO By Christian Bautista
- actually i find this cute and to a certain extent obsessive and possesive. but i guess that's how it should be, right? anything less and it would be passion-less love.

>I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly, I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky, And I'll make a wish, Take a chance, Make a change, And breakaway, Out of the darkness and into the sun, But I won't forget all the ones that I love, I'll take a risk, Take a chance, Make a change, And breakaway....Wanna feel the warm breeze, Sleep under a palm tree, Feel the rush of the ocean, Get onboard a fast train, Travel on a jet plane, far away (I will)And breakaway... BREAKAWAY By Kelly Clarkson
- don't we just all want to breakaway sometimes.. i myself have never done stuff i can consider breaking away.. it'll probably take an ogre to prod me to get out of my shell. but truth be told- i sure as heck do want to breakaway from it all.. today is no excemption.....okay no need to get preachy

No comments: