Sunday, March 05, 2006

wane the pain

someday someone's going to realize what a gem i am
i will be loved for the traits i never knew
he will kiss the tears from my eyes when they fall
he will embrace the sadness right out of my soul
the love he'll make me feel will bridge oceans and plains
and it will never fade, never wane

someday someone's going to comeby and take me from this loneliness
and it will not be because we are just friends
i will be told i am the best for him

i cry and shout now for that love to come
for my strength not to be the reason
i am both desired and despised
i have all my heart to give
yet no one to give it to

try as i might to show how i feel
you just won't have me- why?
it just confirms the notion-
i am unimportant, at least to you

i'm turning away now, i hope you'll miss me
i've run out of excuses to see you anyway
but please know that you'll always be held with regard
in my heart as my one, my special, my baby- - - - - - -.

No comments: