Thursday, August 26, 2004

i know

many times i've heard it said that You are great
That everything i know is marked with the prints of Your mighty hand
I grew up in a world that boasts of knowing You
And yet too many times I stumbled as i saw them fall
Who would have thought Your eyes would rest on little 'ol me?
The same hands that created the heavens would actually hold mine?
Never has man's mind been able to fathom how vast Your powers are
So how did it happen that Your amazing grace was given to a nobody like me?
There are days when i forget to tell You how happy i am
But when troubles come the first word out of my lips is Your name
The fact that You are always beside me escapes me at times
You gently touch me, turn my eyes and i am reminded
I get caught up with the world and its worries too often
They take away my time with You and present shabby substitutes
They call me derranged and i just turn right back to You, my home base
Then I wish the joy and promise You gave me would not be foriegn to them
What can i give back that your hands have not made?
It seems Your standards are high and far-fetched
So for every burnt offering You have provided a lamb
For every gap between islands, a means to cross the bridge
I hope You don't mind that i constantly call upon You
I know i am not the only one whose needs You attend to
It's just that when i talk to You, i can never get enough of Your nearness
I long for the day when i become intoxicated by Your fragrance, swept away by Your love
People come to me to say they like my ways, and ask my secret
I shrugg my shoulders- "I am nobody, I just have a great Dad."
You are my secret, my focus, my way and my first love
They say You are great. I know You're better that great.

1 comment:

m35b said...

meg,
I just added your blog to this new site ring that I've created. If ever you're interested in visiting it please feel free to click on its link icon on top of my blog thanks.