Sunday, January 09, 2005

isn't it lucky?

i spent a lot of time alone this past weekend, alone in my own mind. scary ba? it's just one of those times when you feel like thinking about stuff in your life, revaluate, and check what's up and what's down. as i was leafing through hundreds of my old pictures, i remembered the events that happened behind each photo. tears would suddenly prickle the ends of my lashes just as the usual mush songs play on WRock. There were of course the baby pictures which had me on my belly on the marble floor of our old house, the one of me in front of christmas tree, then a childish naked picture of me on the beach (!), then there was the picture of my first communion where i was missing my two front teeth, a picture of my family's round-the-island tour of guam, picture of my papa when he was alive, a bunch of pictures of my friends from elementary and high school, some pictures of my cousins and their funny antics, the gowns i wore (hehe), the ones from our bivouacs in CAT where i was suspended on a 100 foot rope down a bridge, pictures of my past crushes, pictures WITH my past crushes, so many of those with the LS jocks, adamson friends, and of course, solos....haaaay....... i'd like to think that even if things have been tough in my life, there were even more times that i spent smiling. isn't it lucky?


No comments: